Saturday, January 8, 2011

You, me and the rest of the world

Times like this,
An island is what I am.
I feel, I hurt and I despair,
But no one comes to mind.

What is there to say
that has not been said?
When all I need
is for things to be done.

I am here,
and everyone else isn't.
People have their lives,
whilst I struggle to get by.

I try not to have regrets,
I really do.
For regrets consume you,
it swallows you whole.

I worry about the future,
and what it has in store for us.
I worry, worry, worry,
that all I do seems to be,
a worrywart.

If it's not about us,
then it's about them.
If it's not about them,
then it's back to us.

How does one make plans,
when one is out of resources?
How does one fulfill ones dreams,
when one is limited?

I try not to think things,
that I shouldn't.
I try not to think
of the 'what ifs' and 'shouldn't haves'

It's like we're stuck in a rut,
where situations repeats themselves.
I try my best,
and so do you.

But what if our best,
is not enough?
And what if we're not doing,
all that we should?

Five years, ten years down the road,
where will we be?
Only time will tell.
and only God knows.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dont break your own heart...perhaps, you shuld blog more about some happy and joyful things..lolz! =)

goingkookies said...

oh no no... my heart's not broken dear girl. sth happened and it really upset me but i m alright now. =)

haha, thanks for the heads up, i should try to blog more happy stuff eh..