Monday, February 11, 2013

Project Nemo


I've been wanting to do something with this sad looking pond since last year but decided to leave it whilst I focused on my first Christmas party. Disheartening news last week, however, spurred this project on. 

When I decided to go ahead with this project, Project Nemo just came to mind. Nemo, in reference to the cute clownish from the animated film 'Finding Nemo'. My mother is always telling me to do some project together with Mr. C and here was one.

Plus, I thought it would be a good distraction for Mr. C and bring a smile onto his face. After all, he loves fishies. And a smile, there was.

We first bought three gold fish and a pump that came along with a teensy light bulb for underwater. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Few days later, we went to Bunnings - a warehouse that sells everything you could possibly need for a home - to obtain pine bark to cover the ground for a more earthy look. One bag wasn't enough though which saw us going back a few days later for two more.

We also bought two water lettuce to provide shelter from preying birds. Water lilies were a bit too pricey and not conducive in our shallow pond. It's annoying how we have to scoop out bird feathers from the pond's surface every single day. Bird poo on the supporting rocks are a sight for sore eyes and the dull coloured basin, now that I think about it.

Meanwhile, day in, day out, we see three teensy, lonesome fishies in the pond. We had a ball and bought six more little swimmers. And it's a welcome sight to see them before and after work, swimming excitedly in their new home.

Have been thinking of getting a swing sort of chair or tables with chairs for us to sit and have occasional meals outside and enjoy the view. The cascading water is pretty soothing and I reckon, therapeutic. 

 
 
 
 
All in all, objective achieved. Mr. C smiled and bonus points, so, did I. :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kind of off-topic but I had to ask.
Does running a
well-established blog like yours require a massive
amount work? I am brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my
journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
Thankyou!

Stop by my blog post Go to my website